Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Quick Fix BBQ Chicken Pizza

Nothing is more satisfying than a tasty homemade pizza.  It's even better when you utilize leftovers.  I happened to have leftover roasted chicken from dinner last night and cilantro from the homemade salsa we did over the weekend.  With these two inspirations and the realization that I had a few packets of yeast hiding in the fridge I decided to make BBQ Chicken pizza.  I used a quick and easy pizza dough recipe that eliminates rising so this pizza can be stretched out, topped, and baked within the hour.  I may be living in Bluffton, South Carolina, but I am originally from Northern Kentucky, right across the river from Cincinnati, Ohio.  So for the bbq sauce I used Montgomery Inn's famous bbq sauce from Montogmery Inn Restaurant in Cincinnati.  Additional toppings included red onions, banana peppers, bacon, and mozzarella cheese.  Get creative with this and use what is on hand!  I baked at 500 degrees for 7-10 minutes on a pizza stone.

Quick Pizza Dough (makes roughly 2 10-12 inch pizzas)

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)

Directions

  1. Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Spread out on a large pizza pan. Top as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment